Calling All Poets!
Spring is right around the corner, which means it's time for Red Butte Garden's fifth annual Spring Poetry contest. Poets of all ages are invited to enter original, spring-inspired poems from January 3 through February 16. Eleven lucky winners will have their poems displayed in the Garden throughout April to help celebrate National Poetry Month. Winners will also receive a prize package perfectly suited for aspiring authors and poets of all ages.
Thank you to all our poets who submitted a poem in our 2019 Spring Poetry Contest. The contest is now closed. Finalists will be announced in early March.
Want to learn more about Poetry in the Garden? Click here for more information!
- Open to Utah residents only
- No more than 24 lines
- Must be the original work of the author
- Must be themed around springtime or relevant to the Garden
- Must be appropriate for all ages
- One entry per person
Poems will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Inspired by nature
- Relevant to the spring season or the Garden
- 24 lines or shorter
- Appropriate for all ages
- All entries will be judged blind with author names removed from each entry before judging.
Winners will be notified by the beginning of March 2019.
By submitting your poems, the author grants Red Butte Garden a license to publish and reproduce the poem online and in other media.
Contact Jason Alba at email@example.com.
RED BUTTE GARDEN REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY